Wednesday 24 April 2013

Liebster Award



I was nominated for this award by Katrina over at capturing moments, thank you so much!


Liebster is a German word that is used for sweet, dear, nice, good. Liebster Award is a way to connect bloggers to each other, a way to honour bloggers with less than 200 followers.
Like every award, there are certain rules… And they are:
1. List 11 random facts about yourself
2. Answer the 11 questions which are given to you by your nominator
3. Ask 11 new questions for all the bloggers that you nominate to win the award
4. Nominate 9 bloggers with less than 200 followers to win the award
5. Go to each of the blogger’s pages to let them know about their nomination
6. Thank the blogger who nominated you by mentioning them and link back to their blog
So here we go...
11 Random facts about myself
1. I hate my toes. I have super small baby toes, and my second toes are longer than my big toe. They are all around freaky looking. I also have ridiculously large feet. 
2. It took me 7 years and 3 countries to complete my Undergrad degree. I blame this on wanderlust and indecisiveness. (I ended up graduating 3 days before my wedding.)
3. I was hospitalized on and off for Anorexia throughout my teenage years. (I do plan on writing a post on this, it is something I am not necessarily proud of, but I am pretty darn proud of my recovery.) 
4. I have never had stitches (I totally just jinxed myself.)
5. Spending 10 minutes with my horse is like spending an hour with a high priced therapist for me. 
6. I'm weird about feet (potentially ties in with #1.) I can't stand pedicures, and I absolutely freak if anybody else's feet touch me. 
7. My husband was my first real boyfriend.
8. I have the worst sweet tooth. My dentist loves it. My skin (and waistline) hate it.
9. I cannot WAIT to take T to Disney World. (However, it is expensive enough that a) I want her to remember it and b) no stroller.)
10. I wish I was more fashionable. 
11. My two front teeth are fake (well the bottom half of them are). There was unfortunate incident involving a mischievious younger brother and a hard wood floor. Its cool - I still love him. 

My answers to the questions I was asked


1. Where is the best place you've travelled?

New Zealand, hands down. 
2. Your favourite thing to cook?
Any type of pasta dish, mostly because I know I will thoroughly enjoy eating it. And baking; cookies, brownies etc (see #8 above.)
3. What is your most treasured possession?
This is a tough one. I would say anything that reminds me of my Dad these days. I have a couple bags and satchels that he gave me because he had no use for them anymore right before he died. They have his initials engraved on them and at least once a day I find myself tracing over the "DJS" with my fingers. 
4. What makes you laugh?
Lately, my kid. She is hilarious! Also, the show "Modern Family". Can't even handle all the hilariousness. (Is that even a word?!)
5. What is the craziest thing you have ever done?
I moved to New Zealand back in 2006 after finding a job posting for a horse farm online and thinking it sounded like fun. So I packed a giant duffel bag and boarded a plane (or 2) for the other side of the world. It was a huge gamble but totally worth it... I had the best time. 
6. The best book you have ever read? 
"She's Come Undone" by Wally Lamb has always resonated with me. 
7. Best piece of relationship advice?
Don't sweat the small stuff. Communicate. 
8. What is something your scared of?
My child experiencing pain... physical or emotional. Also, losing someone close to me. After losing one of my best friends and my Dad within a year and a half I am so scared to experience that again. 
9. What are two things you would change about yourself?
I want to live more in the present and spend less time panicking about whats to come and what has already happened. I also wish I was more confident in myself. 
10. What do you do for 'me time' in your 'spare time'?
Umm what are you talking about? Haha kidding, I do have a wonderful husband who is great with T which allows for some 'me time' from time to time. I guess I normally go and hang out with my horse, and hopefully when the weather warms up, I'll get back to riding. 
11. Describe yourself in 3 words.
People pleaser, procrastinator, tired. (I cheated, thats 4 words.)

11 Questions for my nominees:


1. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?

2. If you could eat one meal every day for the rest of your life, what would it be?
3. Dog person or cat person? (Or neither) Why?
4. What has been your bravest moment thus far?
5. Do you have a phobia? If so, what is it?
6. What is your favourite movie of all time?
7. Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall?
8. The one song that will never get old?
9.  Favourite article of clothing?
10. What are 3 things your are looking forward to?
11. What is your dream job?

My nominees (Be sure to check out their blogs - their pretty great! Also I apologize if you have more than 200 followers, if I couldn't figure out how many followers you had but to me you still exemplified what the award is all about, your on the list!)

1. e squared 
2. little sleep
3. iSophie
4. Muddy Farmwife
5. Circle of Pine Trees 
6. growing a foosa
7. To The Sea (this one I'm for sure cheating on as she has way more than 200 followers but I just love this blog!)
8. The Accidental Wallflower 
9. Standpipe and Sprinkles (again, a bit of a cheat but this blog is just too cute. The "Friday's Letters" posts never fail to make me giggle.) 

So there we go! Obviously there is no pressure to participate but its kinda fun to pass on the love to those blogs that always put a smile on your face. 

Sassy Pants. 








4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for thinking of me. Also, what a lovely black and white shot for this week's 52 portrait :) Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved learning a little more about you. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw thanks so much :) i love reading these! we have lots in common - horses, strange feet, marrying our first boyfriends, people pleasers...and i absolutely wish i were more fashionable :) lol! i've given up on that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much Cait! Great to find your blog and learn a bit about you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...