Saturday 8 September 2012

Us.


Some proper introductions. This is us! (and in an attempt to maintain a teensy bit of privacy I will be using initials. Yet Im posting pics. So ya, I guess thats a bit hypocritical!) 
Anyhoooo….
I’m C. 26 year old (almost 27… 27 sounds way older than 26 in my opinion!) mama to 1 beautiful baby girl and wife to J. I grew up in a large city (one of the largest in Canada!) until I decided to attend University in a small town about 45 minutes away and study agriculture (weird choice, maybe. But the best one I have ever made). I rode horses growing up and LOVE animals and the country so I figured this was the best of both worlds (and as an added bonus, those agriculture students know how to have a good time). This is where I met J.
J had long since graduated from the same university but had come back to the local country bar for one fateful night of partying in the spring of 2008. We met, we talked, we danced, and shortly after that we started dating. Within a year we were engaged and on June 19, 2010, we were married on the farm!
       
J (along with his family) are dairy farmers and own a lovely farm about 2 hours from the big city where I grew up. We milk approximately 65 cows and have 200 head on the property. It was a bit of a culture shock but 4 years on, I can honestly say I absolutely love the country life. 
We were bit hard by the baby bug in early 2011 and were thrilled to learn we would be expecting a baby in early December, 2011. On November 30th, 2011, we welcomed our beautiful daughter, T. (More on her birth story later). She has exploded our hearts and made everything we had so much better. 
          
We also have two giant, hairy Alaskan Malamutes that are a huge part of our family. Yukon is a 4 year old black and white female and Kodiak is a 2 year old red and white male. Yukon is the sweetest mother bear of a dog and Kodiak is the goofiest animal I know. They complete us. (Even if it does mean I have to vacuum every. single. day.)
           

2 comments:

  1. Ha. Ha. I just had to comment...we have a Newfoundland. I know what you mean about vacuuming every day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom has a Newfie! I feel your pain... but they are wonderful dogs! So gentle and kind hearted.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...