Monday 10 September 2012

T's Birth Day. (The first part)

Since I was a little bit late jumping on the whole baby/mommy blogging bandwagon, I figured I might as well start at the beginning of this whole adventure, the day T was born. I guess I could go back even further and talk about my pregnancy, but at the end of the day, who really want's to hear about how much I puked (A LOT), or that I ate my weight in skittles, chocolate milk and root beer?

(Warning: this will be long...  )

T's birth story really begins, for me, 4 days before she was born. My mom had planned on driving down to visit me and do some last minute baby shopping with me on Saturday, November 26, 2011. My due date was December 8th, so I was around 38 weeks at this point, and resembling a small blimp. Throughout the course of the day, my mom started to get concerned that she hadn't heard from my dad at all. This was REALLY unusual for him. He was at their cabin, which is about a 4 hour drive from where we were shopping. At first I didn't think much of it, but after several unreturned text messages and phone calls, I started to get worried. I suggested she phone the neighbour, and ask them to stop in and just check up on him. I knew something was wrong. And not just a little bit wrong, but life changing, earth shattering wrong. And I was right.

My mom dropped me at my house and continued on with her 2 hour drive home, with the promise that she would let me know as soon as she heard anything, either from my dad, or the neighbour. An hour after she left I still hadn't heard anything and was starting to FREAK OUT. I couldn't stop shaking and crying even though I didn't even know if anything was wrong. I finally got a hold of her and she said the words that I had been dreading, praying not to hear, "Your father passed away in his sleep during his afternoon nap." He was 59.

Life changing. Earth shattering. Heart breaking. Can't breath. ugly Ugly UGLY crying.

I found my husband in the barn (this all went down during evening milking, and since I had been on my feet all day, I had the night off) and just collapsed in his arms. We immediately packed and head to my parents home, two hours away.

My dad and I were really close. He always had the answers. It absolutely broke my heart (and still does) that he never got to meet his first grandchild.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...